I live in the Pacific Northwest and it can get pretty cold here during the winter season. But not just that, also we have had a huge increase with more violent flu’s and of course your general viral shit. With the controversial topic about vaccinations and whether or not too could be a playing factor. We will never know, even if we think we do…
No, my advice is not to fix yourself with the flu shot. Even tho I get one every year and sometimes they aren’t successful all the way. Like last year my daughter got Influenza A but she had gotten her flu shot. What in the heavens! Well, just because you get it does not mean you are fully protected. The scientists that create the flu shot do their best and shoot for what they think will be affecting the population. However, this is just what I like to believe and it is up to us if we want to inject ourselves or not. That’s on us.
Now what I will tell you is I have only been sick maybe 3 times in almost 10 years. Legit. I have had the flu shot every year for the last 9. My husband who obviously lives in the same house has even had a full on flu or even a complete sinus head cold. I never got sick. I kept Gracie healthy and neither did she. Gracie has been only sick 3-4 times in her almost 2.5 years of life. I think that is pretty good. Now, I know a lot of people think exposing their kids to sickness will build their immune system but I don’t agree with that. It might be true but Gracie has been around her sick dad and others that were sick and she never got it. I like to believe she is just healthy and I think its really weird to not think your kid already has an immune system when they are born. That is nor here or there I just don’t purposely take my girl out and around sick folks. Seems weird to me.
Well, I thought perhaps for those of you who might be walking into your cold season for the year, live somewhere where it is always cold or maybe your just in your season of freeze and sickness right now. Either way, I thought perhaps my habits to stay healthy and NOT sick would be helpful for someone else out there that just wants to feel good as often as possible.
My short List
- Wash your hands frequently. This one feels like everyone knows but doesn’t do it often enough. Invest in NICE soap at every sink in your house thru the cold season. As often as you should be washing your hands may get dried out. (Side note tip about the soap, get the stuff with coconut oil or a simple foam pump) Here is my absolute favorite hand soap currently.
- Lotion by the sink. I also always carry around a small container of lotion either in my purse or my car. The drying out from washing will appreciate the extra moisturizer. Absolute favorite for chapped hands in the cold season! Worth every penny!
- Anti-bacterial wipes and for hands. I know you are probably like, “Whoa women!” But I am telling you, it is a simple thing to keep in your car or in your purse. I even have small ones and a couple of pump style ones in my house around the sink areas. They are a quick way to just sanitize temporarily. Still be sure to wash your hands as soon as you reach a sink. The wipes I keep for all things you can imagine. Hand foot and mouth disease goes around like wildfire with kids and I have seen what that stuff looks like. Also, it looks painful as ever! So just that one small thing I make sure I do my best to wipe down the carts at stores that are shared so frequently. Favorite Hand sanitizer for around the house. I also keep the small purse size from Bath & body works with me.
- Hydrate. Yes. Being sure your body is hydrated and replenished with what it needs is so vital to not just your day and feeling good. But it also keeps your health just that much better! Also, ladies, your skin will thank you for it!
- Eat healthily. Okay, I get that life is life and we do our best to maintain a good eating habit. However, I can not be more serious then a heart attack when I say this, “Food is the fuel that keeps your engine running smooth.” Just like putting premium gas in a sports car and not regular. Treat your body like a sports car and it will thank you with good health.
- Exercise. Being sure we are heart healthy and strong is important on many levels. Being active is good for our endorphins which can lead to releasing good energy. Which I believe mind over matter can lead you to make yourself healthy! Try it!
- Vitamins! Okay, so many people will not pay the money for genuine supplements. So many brands are filled with, fillers that it is honestly hard to weed out the crap ones if you aren’t aware of what your reading. This is my suggestion with vitamins, you do not need to agree or go hunt for it. I believe in working with someone personally that sells it. Like a multi-level marketing business of some sort. I know there is a gazillion out there, do your research, find a gal or guy who is informative and educated in what they have to offer. Ask questions and know what you are looking for or how to ask. Because supplements can be a HUGE playing factor in a better lifestyle for a massive amount of people.
- Lemon. This is one I do religiously. Warm water with your choice of lemon. I use Young Livings Lemon Vitality essential oil in my water. One drop and it is SO amazing for your inners! Lemon is literally good for so many things in your body and your health. You can simply use a fresh squeeze from a lemon and not worry about spending on the oils. Keep it simple if you like.
I challenge you to try this method every day for 30 days. Come back and tell me about your experience.
-Cup of warm water with an added TBSP of lemon juice or 1-2 drops of YLEO lemon vitality.
Thank you for reading and I hope I could share and shed some light on maybe keeping you a tad healthier this cold season. Do you have any tips or tricks in your household? Comment below.